Panasonic-MDA Digital Film Fiesta finalists1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
See the 11 short films that were finalists in the recent Panasonic-MDA Digital Film Fiesta:
- Happy Birthday, Ah Ma, Christine Oer — Albert is obliged to visit his grandmother to send her presents on her birthdays, yet they do not have a common language.
- Bob, Daryll Woon — A man living underwater is trying to come to terms with his existence.
- Flat Dreams, Eva Tang — 3 mini shorts, about Singapore public housing dwellers who try to make sense of their worth in their mundane lives.
- Reflections of Insanity, Ezzam Rahman — A mixture of horror and comedy, in which Jet and Kid bring home an antique mirror, unaware that a spirit has been trapped in for more than 20 years.
- Make Believe, Oon Jit Fong — A couple play a flirtatious game where they pretend to be strangers.
- Sweet Pine Grove, Lawrence Ong — Three men converge and meet in a taxi, and a business opportunity arises.
- Crossroads, Lionel Chok — That transitional moment between starting your day/ending your night or ending your day/starting your night.
- The Mole, Victric Thng — A whimsical tale about longing and pining.
- Flicker, Wesley Leon Aroozoo — A young man’s desperate plight to make ends meet since his parents passing away.
- Blood Ties, Chai Yee Wei — Does the sister of a murder victim, and sole witness to the crime, have anything to do with the deaths of the murderers?
- Superdong, Pok Yue Weng — What happens to toilet graffiti when we’re not looking?