Options Dwindle for Postponed Cannes Film Festival
The Cannes Film Festival abandoned plans for a postponed 2020 edition in June or July but declined to give up entirely, saying it will explore other options.
French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday extended France’s national lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, banning all public events until mid-July. That essentially dashed the hopes of Cannes organizers who last month said they would aim to move the annual May event a month or two.
“It is clearly difficult to assume that the Festival de Cannes could be held this year in its original form,” the festival said in a statement.
Image credit: TheTaiwanNews