This 4K Super 35mm Camera Can Be a Studio, Action, or Cinema Camera. The Choice is Yours.1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Not all exciting announcements come out at NAB. Craft Digital Systems has unveiled a truly unique camera that allows you to add modules to create the kind of camera you want. The heart of the Craft Camera’s design is its Video Elements (modules), which can be added or removed to become a studio, action, or cinema camera. Video elements come in two versions, 4K and HD, and have features like a Super 16mm and 35mm CMOS sensor with global shutter, high 120 fps frame rate, and 13 stops of dynamic range. Oh, and with all of the elements you could possibly add to it, this thing costs less than USD$3K.
Craft hasn’t released a full list of specs quite yet, but the ones they have shared so far are definitely intriguing, especially considering the fact that they come built into a modular camera that lets you essentially built your own camera according to your specific needs.
– HD Video Element, Super 16mm CMOS Sensor with Global Shutter (1920×1080, 1280×720)
– 4K Video Element, Super 35mm CMOS Sensor with Global Shutter (4096 x 2160, 1920×1080, 1280 x 720)
– Frame rates 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
– Fast and slow frame rate speeds at intervals up to 120fps
– Speed Mount for MFT, EF, or PL
– ProRes and CinemaDNG
– ND sled
via: No Film School
Image Credit: Craft Camera