Studio Binder ““ Are Call Sheets a Thing of the Past?1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Are call sheets a thing of the past? Well, no. However, Studio Binder is a platform that is looking to modernise and improve production schedules for filmmakers at all levels. While we can be certain that this app won’t lead to the extinction of Call Sheets, the chances are good that a lot of our readers will get some use out of it, so I decided to take a closer look!
An Overview of Studio Binder:
Looking at the promotional video above, we can see that their interface is nice and clean. That scores points with me, but as we all know, a clean UI isn’t much to shout about if you get the functionality wrong. Fortunately, it seems as though the developers behind the app have looked at ways of using modern technology to iron out the issues that producers sometimes face-and on closer inspection, there are some interesting features included:
– Create a contacts list
– Create projects
– Add your cast and crew to projects
– Set up and send call sheets, which are delivered via email, highlighting the relevant information contained within. Recipients can then confirm that they have read and understood the information provided
– Map integration, hospital locator, and weather reports
– Arrange cast and crew parking
– Upload and share production documents securely
As you can see, the entire app seems to be built around making life that little bit easier for producers. By showing which team members have read and confirmed the call sheet, it should help to reduce the number of frantic phone calls on set-and that’s something I think we can all appreciate!
Image and Video Credit: Studio Binder