National Youth Film Awards 2019 Winners Announced
The National Youth Film Awards (NYFA), jointly organised by *SCAPE and the Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF), today announced the 2019 line-up of winners in a ceremony held at *SCAPE’s The Ground Theatre. The award-winning films all had in common a search for identity, an exploration that encompassed both personal and national identity.
This year, 38 nominees were shortlisted from the 446 submissions received by a judging panel comprised of industry stalwarts. A total of 15 winning films were then selected across the Media Student and Open Youth categories.
The biggest awards for the night include:
Open Youth Category
- “SIN-SFO” by Leon Cheo – Best Director and Best Live Action
- “Automatonomy” by Jerrold Chong – Best Animation
- “Trespass: Stories from Singapore’s Thieves Market” by OKJ – Best Documentary and Best Sound Design
- “Foul Ball” by Kayue Li, Nanyang Technological University – Best Live Action
- “Balance” by Raymond Limantara Sutisna Nanyang Technological University – Best Animation
- “Pigeonhole” by Mei Fong Lim, LASALLE College of the Arts – Best Documentary
The full list of winning films can be found on the *SCAPE website here: https://www.scape.sg/nyfa2019winners/