CALL FOR ENTRIES: National Youth Film Awards 2018
NYFA is a national film awards that aim to establish a benchmark of national excellence in filmmaking and to recognise youths who are highly adept in their respective fields within the film industry.
Since its inception in 2015, it has received over 700 submissions competing for top honours across various technical crafts in filmmaking. This year, apart from the regular Media Student Category which receives submissions from all media schools in Singapore, NYFA is introducing an Open Youth Category. This new category is open to submissions from all youths residing in Singapore.
Deadline: 18 May 2018
Media Student Category – Live action / documentary / animation films only, in any genre, with no set theme.
Open Youth Category – Live action films only, in any genre, with no set theme.
Maximum Duration: 20 minutes
Entry Fee: None
MEDIA STUDENT CATEGORY
The Media Student Category is open to:
- full-time student(s) who are under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2018);
- who is/are residing in Singapore;
- and is/are currently enrolled in a media-related course/module at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore.
IHL graduates (between 17 April 2017 and 17 May 2018) from media-related courses/modules who are between 15 â€“ 35 years old (before 31 December 2018) are also eligible to participate.
Submissions must be produced between 17 April 2017 and 18 May 2018 during the course of enrolment at the IHL.
Submissions produced during attachment and/or internship period within an organisation or agency will not be eligible to participate.
OPEN YOUTH CATEGORY
The Open Youth Category is open to:
- any youth between the ages of 15-35 (before 31 December 2018) who;
- is a Singapore Citizen; Singapore Permanent Resident; or a foreigner residing in Singapore with a valid Singapore Immigration Pass at the time of the production.
Submissions must be produced between 17 April 2016 and 18 May 2018.
Industry professionals, including freelancers, are eligible to participate. However, NYFA does not accept any branded content. Films must be produced in a non-commercial capacity.
Terms & Conditions, Frequently Asked Questions, and more information can be found on the NYFA website.