Home»NEWS»Business»The brilliant Brillante Mendoza and SM: Bringing indie films closer to the public

The brilliant Brillante Mendoza and SM: Bringing indie films closer to the public

0
Shares
Pinterest Google+

BRILLANTE Mendoza, international award winning director, views his films as his social responsibility.

His films, most of which remain obscured from the mainstream movie audience, delve on the prevailing poverty and social injustices in the country; subjects most commercial directors would rather leave untouched because of their low entertainment value and profitability.

But not Mendoza. Even as he admitted 80 percent of the country’s population, incidentally living in poverty, will not watch his films since these are “too close to their lives” Mendoza said he wants his films as THE awakening for the remaining 20 percent.

“I want to show (in my films) that these are the realities in the country and to awaken government and those who have the power to do something to uplift their lives,” Mendoza told Baguio media during the press conference for his ongoing film festival with SM Cinemas.

 

Read the full story here >>

Via Sun Star

Previous post

Busan to open with 'Always' and close with 'Mother'

Next post

More Hollywood hits coming to town

No Comment

Leave a reply