Coronavirus: All Entertainment Venues in Singapore to Close, Gatherings Outside Work and School Limited to 10 People
Bars, cinemas and all other entertainment outlets will be closed from Thursday (March 26) 11.59pm till April 30 as Singapore’s fight against Covid-19 enters a new phase amid a wave of imported cases to the country.
In announcing its strictest measures yet, the multi-ministry task force also said on Tuesday (March 24) that:
– All centre-based tuition and enrichment classes will be suspended to reduce the intermingling of students from different schools and enhance the safety of students.
– All religious services will be suspended.
– Malls, museums and restaurants must reduce crowd density to stay open.
– All Singapore residents returning from Britain and the United States from Wednesday (March 25) 11.59pm will have to stay in hotels to serve their 14-day stay-home notice (SHN).
– Those who breach the SHN will face fines of up to $10,000 or jail of up to six months or both.
– Any Singapore resident or long-term pass holder who leaves Singapore from March 27 will be charged unsubsidised rates should they be hospitalised in public hospitals for Covid-19 treatment.
Photo credit: ST PHOTO