Coronavirus: All Entertainment Venues in Singapore to Close, Gatherings Outside Work and School Limited to 10 People1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Bars, cinemas and all other entertainment outlets will be closed from Thursday (March 26) 11.59pm till April 30 as Singapore’s fight against Covid-19 enters a new phase amid a wave of imported cases to the country.
In announcing its strictest measures yet, the multi-ministry task force also said on Tuesday (March 24) that:
– All centre-based tuition and enrichment classes will be suspended to reduce the intermingling of students from different schools and enhance the safety of students.
– All religious services will be suspended.
– Malls, museums and restaurants must reduce crowd density to stay open.
– All Singapore residents returning from Britain and the United States from Wednesday (March 25) 11.59pm will have to stay in hotels to serve their 14-day stay-home notice (SHN).
– Those who breach the SHN will face fines of up to $10,000 or jail of up to six months or both.
– Any Singapore resident or long-term pass holder who leaves Singapore from March 27 will be charged unsubsidised rates should they be hospitalised in public hospitals for Covid-19 treatment.
Photo credit: ST PHOTO