Z CAM E2 Cameras Firmware Update with ZRAW Capabilities
Good news for Z CAM E2 camera owners: the team at Z CAM released a new firmware update that unleashes ZRAW capabilities for various E2 camera models. Let’s take a closer look at it!
The team at Z CAM launched a new firmware (version 0.88) for their E2 and E2c cameras. This firmware – and future firmware versions – should also be compatible with the upcoming E2 S6/F6/F8 cameras that are expected to launch later this year.
Here is the complete list of the new features of this 0.88 firmware version:
- Addition of ZRAW (partial-debayer), supports up to 4096×2160@30fps initially. 4K 60fps will be supported later.
- No proxy recording is allowed when ZRAW is selected. You have to use an iOS device or the HDMI output to record proxy files.
- Monitor preview LUT, x33 cube format.
- Possibility to capture still images (JPEG only).
- VFR fine control, one frame per step.
- Native ISO toggle control.
- Parade view.
They also improved and corrected some bugs:
- Card formatting compatibility.
- AWB always use a white priority in Z-Log2.
- Performance optimisation.
- Bugs fixed: Time Code sync to an external device and other minor bug fixes.
It’s always nice to see a manufacturer bringing new functionalities and long-awaited features to a product. Otherwise, there would be very little information about this new RAW format.
Image Credit: ZCAM