Call For Entries: ASEAN Young Short Filmmakers Exhibition
The ASEAN Young Short Filmmakers Exhibition invites young filmmakers from around the region, aged 13-25, to submit for a short film exhibition, which will become one of the highlights for “All In! 2017”.
The exhibition intends to promote writing in its many forms, while fostering film writing as an industry that young writers can explore. Provide a platform for young content creators to showcase their creativity in writing and production through a wholesome and accepting youth-centric environment and, produce tangible work based on core writing skills relating to industries such as film and production.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
– The short film must be written and/or directed by a director/writer, aged 13 to 25 years old. A director/writer can submit up to 3 entries for selection.
– The short film must be at least one (1) minute and a maximum of seven (7) minutes in length, excluding a short credit roll, and be in either .avi or .mov format. It may or may not have audio, dialogue or musical background. The film may be shot in black and white or in colour, using the creatorâ€™s chosen visual recording medium.
– The film must reflect an Asian theme, value or tradition. It must not contain any form of profanity, obscenity, and dialogue or gestures that are deemed denigrating, offending or derogatory towards any race, religion, creed, or sexual preference.
The following must accompany the submission:
– CV of writer/director, including links to previous works (if any)
– One-paged film synopsis in English with list of actors and production crew
– High resolution photo of writer/director in .jpg
Last date of submission is 30 September 2016. Please save all entries and appending documents in Dropbox, and send the link to the Festival Manager.
The shortlist of films to be included in the exhibition will be released in December 2016.
Image Credit: All In! Young Writers Festival